Monday, November 26, 2012

What I Wore Sunday: Volume 2

Happy Feast of Christ the King (a day late)!

I'm a bit late on this linked up post about What I Wore Sunday through Fine Linen and Purple, but I wanted to do it anyway. The dress is a favorite of mine from The Limited. Coat is from Banana Republic, a gift from my mom :) It was obviously very sunny that morning and cold for Florida!


What struck me this last Sunday was two things. First, during the Liturgy of the Eucharist, it got eerily quiet during the consecration of the body and blood of Christ. No babies were crying, no coughing, no cell phones ringing, no noise. It gave me goosebumps! It was like Christ saying, "This is important; watch closely." And it is! It is so important! 

The second thing I noticed in mass was that since the Catholic Church's liturgical year ended yesterday with the Feast of Christ the King, we begin a new year about a month prior to the Roman calendar. As such we begin with the preparation for Christ's birth. How cool is it that we get to end our regular year by looking at beginnings? It's something I hope to reflect on more during this upcoming advent time. How about you? What do you think you are called on to reflect about this year during Advent?


Just one more picture from our walk around our beautiful home with the puppy.


No comments: