Monday, July 21, 2014

A Letter to Cordie

Dear Cordelia RenĂ©e, 
I didn't think anything could be better after I met your daddy, but we both can't fathom why we are so blessed to be your parents. You've only been here for a year, but the way you have brightened the lives of all those around you is just incredible.
If there is one word that describes this last year, it is thankful. I've never felt this sense of thankfulness for so long before. Each day I wake up I'm so thankful I get to go pull you out of your crib, that I get to see you grow and learn, that I get to experience your every day sass and sweetness. I can't tell you how often I've rocked you and just prayed thank you. 
And I've tried to be thankful in the hard moments when you wouldn't sleep or couldn't be soothed. There is so much sadness in the world, and it reminds me daily to hold you tight even if you don't want to be. 
At the beginning of your first year I didn't want to go "all out" for a first birthday you'd never remember, but as each month sped by faster than the one prior, I realized the years would be the same. I only get to have you this little for such a short amount of time. I think that was God's design so we would never loose our awe of tiny feet, tiny hands, and baby sounds. 
I love that you look just like your daddy but with blue eyes, 
that you growl and smash things, but walk on your tip toes, 
that you are always noisy and busy, but will sit and look at a book,
that you are so clever and smart, but goofy and innocent as well, 
that you have "stranger danger", but will smile at just about anyone, 
how you crawl as fast as you can to get away, but are always happy to be caught,
and I love the people you've changed your daddy and me into.

We love you so much.

As far as the party goes, take a look at the details for your Cute as a Button themed party.









So thankful to celebrate with family and friends!
Special thanks to Aunt Kelsey of Kelsey Klaus Photography for the photos!










Hello from Uncle Kris.

Before and after. Prego buddies. 






 Happy One Year!
We love you so much!

No comments: